UPDATE ON ACTIVITES
- Annual membership fees for the 12 month period beginning 1 March 2016 at the same level as last year i.e. R240 for adults and R120 for juniors. This represents excellent value for a full year’s chess activities.
- The club’s AGM is scheduled for Tuesday 26 April 2016 starting at 20h00. The annual financial statements for the year ending 29 February 2016 will be tabled for adoption at that meeting. A meeting agenda will be circulated closer to the time.
- 2016 tournament activities begin Tuesday 8 March 2016 with a 5 minute blitz tournament. Entries will be accepted on the night. The tournament will commence at 20h00 sharp so please arrive and enter before this time.
- We will thereafter hold a 6 round swiss tournament starting on 15 March and ending on 3 May. This will serve to inform selection for the club championships which will be a separate event. The time limit for the swiss tournament would be 60-60.
- We will thereafter host the Club championships starting on 10 May and ending on no later than 26 July. Ideally these will comprise 3 round-robins of 8 players each. The A Section will be played at a 90-90 time control and the B & C Sections at a 60- 60 time control.